Tuesday, January 17, 2006

5 weird things about me

i've been challenged to share 5 weird things about myself, i'm not sure what constitutes weird but i'll try to impress y'all. 1. i used to have a pet boa constrictor that bit me once and left his tooth embedded in my finger for a couple of days. 2. i had a tooth (my own tooth) growing backwards (up in to my nose) and had to get it removed. when i went in for oral surgery all my teeth fell out and they had to sew them back into my mouth 3. i've done all my own piercing with either a sewing needle or a safety pin. this includes a surface piercing on my arm.
4. I shot my dad once. it was an accident. we were doing target practice and the ball ricocheted off the target and hit him in the chest. luckily it was only a pellet gun, but it still sounds cool.
5. i was the lead singer in a grunge/punk band once. we were named the Vanduras and besides the occasional fistfight, i think we had a lot of fun. once we opened for the smalls.
so there's my list. it is interesting to note that all of the things (except #4) that i thought were the weirdest about me happen when i was single with no kids. I have voluntarily sacrificed my weirdness for a husband, home and family. at least i'll have some good stories to tell my kids. p.s. my challenge to divulge the same on their blog goes out to seaneria.

6 comments:

elisabeth said...

well i think that tops my list.
especially #2. thanks for playing along. i knew you had some weirdness up your sleeve! it was interesting to read that because i didn't know any of those things about you except for #5.

Seaneria said...

Heres my 5...
1) I have never been full after a meal in my life...I lack a protein or something and like a greatwhite shark am always hungry. 2) I really...REALLY... enjoy awkward silences... 3) As a kid, on the way to Karate one day I was cutting of a swimming pool re-entry bracelet and my mom hit a bump in the car...needless to say I never made it to red belt, but the red karate uniform is a constant reminder of the incident (over 20 stitches, more blood than any 11 yr. old should see and to this day a scar that illicits suicide questions from those around)... weirder so is the fact I was removed from karate because I had "ruined my uniform" and we couldn't afford another one at the time. 4) My mom used to tell me if I didn't quit dying my hair it would fall out... I didn't stop... my hairline started receding at 17 and was once and island, then a bay and is now a chanel...or the ocean... 5) I was hooked on America's Next Top Model last season...it got so bad that I caught myself saying one episode "she should have done a profile shot to use the lighting better" thats my 5 and skrew you all for judging me!

aisy said...

ha ha sean... that karate one makes me cringe. so, did you're mom say "i told you so"?

phyllis... were you throwing fists too?

phyllis sweetwater said...

i had a bit of a temper problem when i was ...well i still do, but my parents bought me a punching bag to help relieve tension. well it just taught me how to hit people. i did get it in the face from a certain matt yawney, the guitarist during a dispute over who's lyrics to use. i dont harbour any resentment though.

elisabeth said...

that's really funny..matt yawney punching you? or was it a slap? either way, i think it's hilarious. i couldn't really imagine him punching anyone.

phyllis sweetwater said...

it was knuckles. i probably deserved it, i was self-absorbed and i hit him too. I'm amazed that we're still friends but i think if a person can weather my storms, then i know they truely care.