Monday, March 20, 2006

list of things to do

do you ever write a list of things you have to or want to get done? do you do it to feel accomplished when you cross things off? my list is so silly, but i have this desperation building up that i HAVE to do these things: inventize my pantry, index my recipe books, do my taxes etc. are among the more seemingly useless and boring things on my list. what is the big picture? I want to be organized, for what? i am in control of my destiny and an indexed recipe book it going to proove that to the world or at least to my mother-in-law when she comes to visit/ inspect my house. i also want to save starving kids in africa but that's not on my list. I want to record a solo album, but that's not on my list either. maybe because they are impossible. so what is on your list?

5 comments:

Seaneria said...

whenever you want to do a song or two for your solo album you no your always welcome and everything is setup and ready to go.

phyllis sweetwater said...

someday... when i'mm done my taxes...

erika said...

sometimes i even write something on my list after i've already done it, just so i can cross it off. making lists and crossing off things is just fun, i hope it doesnt mean anything really profound or phsycological. plus, when you are a mom you just need lists or you wont get anything done ever.

,if you want to record an album that should be on your list, on your goals and dreams list. i used to have one of those when i was a teenager, with really big things like travel to greece and stuff. but i did accomplish a few of them, like learn to play bass, and go skydiving. how can we accomplish anything if we don't make it a goal.

jay said...

as soon as we become large landowners and multi millionaires we can save kids in africa. i'm glad you do make lists and do them. especially the mundane things. i have a mental list that i cross off stuff. there are some big things in there, some of which i will probably never accomplished but i am mentally prepared to accomplish them if the freak chance came up. i don't really mind being the mountain man in the living room. if i didn't cross off the mundane things on my list like .... work ..... we would be kind of sad and we probably wouldn't have awesome kids.

phyllis sweetwater said...

what are the major things on your mental list?