Friday, January 14, 2011

What Twilight means to me.

I have been thinking about Twilight.  My crit group did a little analyzing and this is what I concluded.  I try not to compare books to movies. For one thing Edward was cast all wrong.  Meyers herself said he wasn't what she invisioned. In the books she says he was the most perfect looking person.  So I'm keeping that image of him instead of seeing Patterson in my mind's eye.  Jacob was cast better.  He looks the part, but his acting is somewhat to be desired.  His character is immature, which is a turnoff, but I think he redeems himself during Breaking Dawn when it is seen from his POV.
So, with that said, the "team" I am on is no team, except maybe Edward's, but only the book version of Edward and only if he was a wearwolf and not a vampire.  Love triangles build a very personal  fear in me since I was in one and it almost ruined my life.  The Twilight saga mirrored my own experience so closley it made me really freak out.  I had an edward who went away and a jacob who took his place. I understand how an objectional veiwpoint could see the obvious choice I should have made.  Heck, I could see the obvious choice, but I just couldn't get away from jacob.  He was bad for me in every way, but I had no control!  Anyways, my wearwolf version of edward came back, thank goodness, but it was heart wrenching. I like twilight, not because it is a great story, but because it is MY story.  Bella's choice is my choice.
Now that I've spilled my guts I think I will post a picture of my "wearwolf edward" for all to see. 

4 comments:

Colene Murphy said...

Awe! You two are adorable!!! I didn't see it as a choice for her. I understand why it was written that way, but to me, she never had to choose. It was always Edward and the whole Jacob vs Edward was just for the story. I donno. She just didn't seem to love Jacob like Edward, in the same way.

Heidi said...

New follower, Great Blog! I would love it if you could follow us back at:
http://www.adventuresofamnmom.com/

phyllis sweetwater said...

Colene,
I think it was hard for her to see Jacob suffer. She knew her choice was made, but she had to suffer the consequences. Ag, It makes me think of the guy I hurt! He told me I ruined his life. I just have to hope he's over it, it was a long time ago. I'll never know.

phyllis sweetwater said...

Heidi, consider it done! Your blog looks great!