Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Book Review: The Time-Traveling Fashionista by Bianca Turetsky


Because I have a diploma in fashion design, this book peaked my interest.  I also enjoy a good historical fiction, although it is hard to put a label on this one because of the scifi/fantasy element. Louise is a young girl obsessed with vintage fashion.  She knows more about designer clothing than I do and I took it in college.  She is a bit of a geek, but nothing bothers her until she tries on a dress that transports her back in time.  And not just anywhere in time; to the deck of the Titanic.  All I can say is cute and fun.  The writing style in the view point of a thirteen year- old is realistic and genuine.  On top of everything is my love for the illustrations.  They are gorgeous!

1 comment:

Jeanz said...

I found you on Goodreads and you have "won" an award for your blog at
http://jeanzbookreadnreview.blogspot.com/2011/08/blog-award.html