Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Road Trip Wednesday


Road Trip Wednesday is a blog carnival, where YA Highway’s contributors and readers post a weekly writing- or reading-related question and answer it on our own blogs. You can hop from destination to destination and get everybody’s take on the topic.

This week’s prompt was: What is the most inspiring setting you’ve ever visited in real life?
There is a waterfall deep in the Guatemalan jungle called the Queen's Bath.  The name alone is all it took to invoke images in my mind's eye that were so strong I dream about her shimmering skin and flowing, colorful robes.  Her man servant combs her hair and fastens birds of paradise to her long black tresses. My husband and I went here on our honey moon. the sediments in the water piled up like domed stalagmites, making the water gush over it like a fountain.  There were toucans, and spider monkeys in the hundred year old rubber trees above us.  I'll never forget it as long as I live.

4 comments:

AKG said...

That name IS evocative! And such a gorgeous picture. Even though mine doesn't have water, that absolutely makes me think of a sunk-in cave on the mountain by my hometown that always ALWAYS made me want to write when I was little.

Now if only THAT had such a cool name…

Christine Murray said...

It's great that you can get such distilled inspiration from sources and words. It is a beautiful photo though.

Alison Miller said...

Okay, completely inspired. Gorgeous picture. My mother typically treks from the states to either Guatemala or Honduras each year - one day I'm going to join her.

Crystal said...

That sounds amazing! I love the way that everything in nature has a story.