Monday, August 22, 2011

What are you reading?

http://www.normandoidge.com/normandoidge/MAIN.html This meme is hosted by Book Journey.
Well, I just finished the most amazing book I've read since,,, well a while.  It is "The Brain that Changes Itself" by Norman Doidge and it's NON-FICTION. I have always enjoyed learning about our brains, but this goes WAY beyond what I ever fathomed possible.  It is a series of true stories of people who have overcomes impossible odds - strokes, amputations, and one woman who was born with half a brain and how she functions let alone, survives.  I give it FIVE stars.  Doidge explains brain growth, addictions, our senses, and some other freaky things that are fascinating.  I'm not a scientist, or profess in any way to understand a lot of it, but as a human being with a brain I am truly enlightened.