Monday, January 23, 2012

speak louder than words

my kitchen
 A slight inconvenience:
My kitchen is torn apart.  It's not a super big deal, but it makes meal time hard.  I hate to say what kinds of processed foods we have been consuming during this phase in the renos.  If I wasn't already used to it (we've been renovating since '02) it would have driven me mad, but hey, now it's no big deal to eat in a bedroom, whip cream in the bathroom or pick insulation out of the frying pan.





Take a look at this.
I placed these chimes precisely in place so that the root of the chord will be played first according to how much the branch shakes in the wind.  It turned out awesome.  No matter how strong the wind is, the song always sounds good.

3 comments:

Leigh Covington said...

Oh man - I hated being in the renovation stage. But you've got to do what you've got to do. Funny what you get used to, huh?

And I'm loving the chimes. :)

Colene Murphy said...

Ugh, that would make me crazy! Glad you're used to it, though! Can't wait to see some finished product. I bet it's going to be lovely!

Ishta Mercurio said...

I hope you make it through your reno soon! Hang in there - it won't last forever.