Tuesday, August 21, 2012

OUR WORLD OUR ART


OWOAlogoSmallI have been focusing on promoting my book WAY too much and I need to get back to the more artistic side of my life. That's why I'm joining OUR WORLD OUR ART put on by the Whimsical Bohemian.  Writing is my outlet from life, but I have a few outlets that save me when I'm tired of writing: photography, art journaling, book making, scrapbooking and a new one - quilting.  So I would like to share these with you.  besides the images I post here, you can look under the "Art" tab for other things I've done.  I don't have a business as such, but I would love to make you something upon request.  As part of OWOA I will be giving away one of my hand bound books.  All you have to do is follow the epitome and leave a comment.  If you want to you can follow my author group at http://www.facebook.com/groups/147239652049490/  twitter @hallililburn or http://pinterest.com/hlilburn/
You can participate in OWOA by following the link to Lisa Swifka' s blog.  Here is a quote from her - Look within yourself and ask yourself "what is my artistic passion?" and go with it. NOW you may be one of those who likes to do MANY varieties of things....you may make art dolls, paint, do altered art and whatever. You may feel hard pressed to pick just one because frankly, you're passionate about all of them. So show us. All of them. Only YOU know what makes your heart pound and what gives you that feeling of complete and total abandon when you are creating it.
Pretty cool.  I would love to hear what your passions are and see them on your blogs.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Promoting can certainly become a vortex that sucks away all of one's time. I have been known to get stuck within myself more than once. Half the battle is realizing your stuck in it though and wanting to get out. :)

DMS said...

I can understand how you can get sucked into promoting! Hope you have fun tapping into your creative outlets. It sounds like you are making a good choice for you. :)
~Jess
http://thesecretdmsfilesoffairdaymorrow.blogspot.com/